MTI College Learning Resource Center (LRC)
Visit the LRC for trends about your career choices. You will learn
current information regarding median salary, number of jobs, and skills
needed. Visit the LRC for the latest news about higher education.
Terri Dawn Arnold, Director
Statement of Purpose
The Learning Resource Center exists to support the instructional environment provided at MTI College. The goal of the Learning Resource Center is to assist in developing students who are life-long learners.
Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Services Available in the LRC
- Computers with all desktop applications available in the classroom
- Internet access
- Reference books
- Law Library
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Tutoring Program
- Pearson VUE preparation exams and A+ Certification exams (by appointment)
- Make-up Exams (by appointment)
- Test-Out Exams (by appointment)
Pearson VUE Exams
By Appointment Only
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Please contact the LRC for an appointment. Appointments require a minimum of 48 hours notice before the testing time. No cancellations are possible within 24 hours of a scheduled exam.
Make-up and Test-Out Exam Hours
By Appointment Only
Monday through Friday
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Students may Test-out of the following courses:
A150 Computerized Accounting
DA104 Essential Computer Concepts
DA123 Word Processing Concepts
DA143 Spreadsheet Concepts
DA152 Database Concepts
E100 English Fundamentals
E105 Medical English
E111 Developmental Writing
M110 Mathematics in Business
M131A Mathematics Concepts A
M131B Mathematics Concepts B
MO111 Math for Medical Students
MO126 Terminology w/ Anatomy & Physiology
Resources for Paralegals
A list of websites supporting the legal program textbooks.
Facts and Findings, source of information designed specifically for paralegals
Legaltech News, law technology news
The National Paralegal Reporter, information that affects the paralegal profession
Resources for Accounting & Business Careers
Regulations and Standards Boards
Professional Networking Organizations
Accounting News and Social Media
Resources for Information Technology Careers
Tech Republic: News, Tips, and Advice for Technology Professionals
Resources for Healthcare Careers
Student Code of Conduct in the Learning Resource Center (LRC)
- Students will conduct themselves according to rules that apply to the campus
- Consumption of food or beverages is not allowed (water is allowed).
- Testing security is mandatory.
- Do not attempt to adjust thermostat or light controls.
- Do not attempt to adjust or repair equipment. Report any problems to the LRC staff immediately.
- Materials and equipment may not be removed.
- The copier and printer are for school related use only.
- Students will sign-in on the appropriate sheet.
- Students will follow instructions of the LRC staff.
- Consideration of others must be observed at all times.
- Talking on cell phones is strictly prohibited in the LRC.